The Health Care Surveillance Authority is the founder of the National Contact Point for Cross-Border Healtcare in Slovak Republic.
National Contact Point (NCP) provides insured persons with information on:
- rights and entitlements to the cross-border healthcare
- reimbursement of cross-border healthcare
- legal and administrative possibilities of resolving disputes according to Slovak and European legislation
- national contact points of other Member States of the EU
- health care providers in the Slovak Republic: professional specialization, licenses, authorisation status, contact details and the possibility of barrier-free access
NCP is also part of the of the assistance and problem-solving services according to Regulation (EU) 2018/1724 of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a single digital gateway to provide access to information, to procedures and to assistance and problem-solving services and amending Regulation (EU) No 1024/2012.